Saturday, January 17, 2009

Silly Hat Day






Above are some pictures that I took the other day. Jackson found Daddy's hat and walked around with it all day, putting it on and pulling it back off. It was quite comical. I was impressed that he got it on all by himself. Of course, Sean's head is probably 3x the size of his, so it may not have been that difficult.

The Weight Dilemma: An Update


We took Jackson to the Children's Hospital Feeding Clinic. The good news is, they were completely impressed with Jackson, except for his weight. They said that his oral motor skills are age-appropriate, and has excellent feeding skills for his age. He can use a fork with minimal help, and "eats small quantities of a wide variety of healthy foods".We felt relieved because they said that we are doing everything right. However, they would like him to gain about 5 lbs in the next 2 months. To do this, we have to sprinkle everything he eats with a supplement called Duocal that adds 50 extra calories. In other words, we add powdered fat and carbs to his meals. Also, we should give him high-calorie foods whenever possible. (We should all be so lucky). Also, he is only allowed low quantities of juice, since it has low caloric value, and the tendency to make children feel full, like water. So at meals he drinks more Carnation Instant Breakfast. I believe I may own stock in the company now.

No comments: